The “Ostfriesenkrimis” are a well-known crime book series, some parts of which have been filmed so far. That’s the correct order of all the books and movies.
The first part of Klaus-Peter Wolf’s crime series was launched in 2007 under the name “Ostfriesenkiller”. The crime series revolves around detective Ann Kathrin Klaasen and detective Weller. Inspector Klassen is known for her ability to empathize with victims at crime scenes. The books have won many fans over time. Many of the books have been number 1 on the Spiegel bestseller list. In 2016, ZDF bought the film rights to the first book and also filmed it. There are now 16 volumes of the crime series and six film adaptations. We’ll tell you the order in which you should read the books and watch the associated films.
Do you like watching German crime novels? In the video we have an overview of the best detectives from the “crime scene” for you:
The “East Frisian Crimes” in the right order
Klaus-Peter Wolf has had a real hit with the “Ostfriesenkrimis”. The books were all able to convince with very good sales figures, so it is no surprise that there are now 16 parts of the series. Volume 17 will appear in 2023 under the name “Ostfriesengier”. Each book deals with a murder that is solved within the book. However, the books should still be read in chronological order, as Inspector Klaasen’s private problems play a central role and develop across the volumes. It is best to read the books in the following order:
- “East Frisian Killer” (2007)
- “East Friesian Blood” (2008)
- “East Frisian Grave” (2009)
- “East Frisian Sin” (2010)
- “East Frisian Trap” (2011)
- “Fear of East Frisians” (2012)
- “East Frisian Moor” (2013)
- “East Frisian Fire” (2014)
- “Ostfriesenrage” (2015)
- “East Frisian Oath” (2016)
- “East Frisian Death” (2017)
- “East Frisian curse” (2018)
- “East Frisian Night” (2019)
- “East Frisian Hell” (2020)
- “Ostfriesenanger” (2021)
- East Frisian Storm (2022)
- “East Frisian greed” (2023)
Crime fans will find twelve exciting series tips in our photo gallery:
Film adaptations of the “East Frisian crime novels”
The success of the books did not go unnoticed by television. ZDF secured the film rights for the series and so fans got to see the first 90-minute TV film in 2017. It also had a good audience rating. This led to further books of the “Ostfriesenkrimis” being filmed by ZDF. These can also be seen in the ZDF media library under the name “Ostfrieslandkrimis”. So far there have been six film adaptations and more have already been confirmed. In our list we show you which film adaptations are available so far and in which order you should watch them.
- “East Frisian Killer” (April 1, 2017)
- “Ostfriesenblut” (December 29, 2018)
- “East Frisian Sin” (February 2, 2019)
- “East Frisian Grave” (February 15, 2020)
- “Fear of East Frisians” (March 20, 2021)
- “East Frisian Atonement” (April 2, 2022)
Are you real crime fans? Test your knowledge in our quiz:
did you like this article? Discuss with us about current cinema releases, your favorite series and films that you are longingly waiting for – on Instagram and Facebook. You can also follow us on Flipboard and Google News.