Now it’s getting hearty, because here comes the new Radon Deft! With 170 mm of travel at the front and rear, this new e-mountain bike wants to score in the gravity segment. To present the new Radon Deft, we invited Radon to BikeStage 2022 – our completely digital bike trade fair – chatted with Lars Wiegand about the new Radon and in the video he introduces the Radon Deft. But what would such a new product be without a first test? Right, only half as informative. That’s why there is here: Radon Deft Test and the new introduction!
information and prices
|max. system weight||135.0kg|
|frame sizes||M, L, XL (in the test: L)|
With the new Radon Deft, the mail order company from Bonn has another e-mountain bike in its range, which visually fits seamlessly into the design of the current Radon e-MTB fleet. It is similar to the current Render model (Radon Render Test), but tends to poach in the long-travel gravity segment and relies on slimmer frame dimensions. The carbon frame has a modern design, is painted in two colors, has 170 mm of travel and is powered by the Bosch Smart System with a 750 Wh battery. Radon has three models of the Deft in its range, starting at an attractive €5,199.
We find the opening in the top tube interesting, the shape and size of which is very reminiscent of the Mastermind TCU on the Specialized Levo. Radon has installed an insert here that seems a bit “foreign” and suggests that a new LED unit will be coming from Bosch in the course of the year, which will expand the Smart System and perhaps make the Kiox 300 display superfluous. Unfortunately, there was no information on this.
- frame material carbon
- travel 170mm (front) / 170mm (rear)
- wheel size 29″
- Weight 24.7 kg (size L)
- Max. system weight: 135 kg (manufacturer information)
- frame sizes M, L, XL
- engine Bosch Performance CX Smart system
- battery capacity 750Wh
- Accessible from August 2022
Price Radon Deft 8.0 €5,199 (RRP)
Price Radon Deft 9.0 €5,999 (RRP)
Price Radon Deft 10.0 €6,799 (RRP)
You can find the entire test for the new Radon Deft on our sister platform EMTB-News – there is also plenty of room for discussion there: BikeStage 2022 – Radon Deft in the test at EMTB-News.
As early as spring 2020, the editorial team of eMTB-News, MTB-News and Rennrad-News developed the format “BikeStage – the digital bicycle trade fair” to give manufacturers a new stage and to enable interested readers to discover new products and to have exciting news presented in the video. New since 2022 is our fresh platform Nimms Rad. In addition to the actual product highlights in photos and videos, an employee of the respective company tells us all the details about the new product. We wish you a lot of fun with the BikeStage 2022!
You can find more articles from our BikeStage here:
- BikeStage 2022 – Radon Deft: Testing a potent e-enduro innovation
- BikeStage 2022 – Lupine: Alpha with 8100 lumens, SL Mono & C14 Mag rear light
- BikeStage 2022 – Specialized Status 160: Riding fun ahead
- BikeStage 2022 – POC Otocon full face helmet, hip bag and backpacks
- BikeStage 2022 – Salsa Cassidy: Fiery enduro with a modular frame platform
- BikeStage 2022 – Evoc innovations: Light Hydro Pro backpack & gear bags and E-Ride series with all chicanes
- BikeStage 2022 – Vpace: Trixi Trial Bike – Style for the road
- BikeStage 2021 – ION: Kids collection, Rascal Boa shoe, hip bags and more
- BikeStage 2021 – DT Swiss: Everything about the 350 hubs and Ratchet LN freewheels
- BikeStage 2021 – Antidote Bikecare: Bike cleaner in the bag-in-box system and new carbon paste
- BikeStage 2021 – Liteville & Syntace: New hubs and the next evolutionary stage of the 301
- BikeStage 2021 – Evoc: Trail Pro protector backpack, hip pack innovations and more
- BikeStage 2021 – Alpina: Everything for the head – Rootage Evo, Comox and Ram Q-Lite V
- BikeStage 2021: Ghost Riot EN and Lector FS
- Testing the new Ortlieb Handlebar Pack QR: square, practical, fast
- BikeStage 2021 – POC: Kortal Race MIPS, Devour and Oseus VDP Torso
- BikeStage 2021 – Vpace: MAXC and Moritz – from young XC rockets to children’s fullys
- BikeStage 2021: Radon Swoop Carbon 10.0 HD
- Bold Linkin Trail & Bold Unplugged 2021: Custom bikes with hidden shocks
- New Canyon Grizl 2021 on test: hello, normal gravel bike!
Text: Rico Haase / Photos: Rico Haase, Moritz Zimmermann, Radon